Sunday, December 13, 2015

Love Note

Love Note

End-of-the-day Love Notes have been a positive behavior motivator since I student taught Kindergarten long, long ago. I used these sweet notes in my Kinder and first grade classrooms, as well as pre-school classes. They work LIKE A CHARM!



The students all want to go home with them. They get to prove to their parents just how special they were that day AND get a little treat. I was always okay with sending students home with candy. I've handed this love note over with a Dum-Dum while other years I've given 2 gummy bears.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, I explain why I've chosen a particular student to receive the Love Note. If you have a student struggling with an academic subject or behavior, and he/she is making progress...put the spotlight on him/her to give that boost of confidence or motivation to keep up the good work. Try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment